There are two foods I cannot resist, and fried catfish is one of them! This recipe is simple to prepare and takes about 20 minutes to cook to golden perfection.
Enjoy this delicious recipe with a side of seasoned fries, coleslaw or hushpuppies.
- 3-4 cups vegetable oil
- 1-2 lbs catfish filets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz fish fry mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- Heat the vegetable oil in a big pot until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Lightly season the catfish with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish fry mix into a gallon size Ziploc bag.
- Mix the egg and milk together in a large bowl.
- Dip the catfish filets into the egg/milk mixture.
- Place the catfish filets into the Ziploc bag and shake well until the filets are evenly covered in the fish fry mix.
- Once the oil reaches temperature, fry a few pieces of catfish filets at a time until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a plate covered in a paper towel.
Like what you see? Subscribe to my newsletter to get posts delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Instagram and Facebook for all of my latest updates.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, I receive a small commission.
One thought on “Fried Catfish”