There are two foods I cannot resist, and fried catfish is one of them! This recipe is simple to prepare and takes about 20 minutes to cook to golden perfection.
Enjoy this delicious recipe with a side of seasoned fries, coleslaw or hushpuppies.
- 3-4 cups vegetable oil
- 1-2 lbs catfish filets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz fish fry mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- Heat the vegetable oil in a big pot until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Lightly season the catfish with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish fry mix into a gallon size Ziploc bag.
- Mix the egg and milk together in a large bowl.
- Dip the catfish filets into the egg/milk mixture.
- Place the catfish filets into the Ziploc bag and shake well until the filets are evenly covered in the fish fry mix.
- Once the oil reaches temperature, fry a few pieces of catfish filets at a time until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a plate covered in a paper towel.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, I receive a small commission.