These egg bites are filled with bacon, cheese, and lots of flavor! I cook the egg bites using a mini egg bite machine, but you can also use an Instant Pot to make these creamy little bites of heaven.
Have you ever tried Starbucks’ sous vide egg bites? The Bacon Gouda egg bites are my favorite! I have been experimenting with different recipes, trying to make my own egg bites at home, and I think we have a winner!
I used this mini egg bite machine. It comes with 4 mini silicon molds and a large silicon mold. Quick and easy, 10-12 minutes to cook.
Ingredients (Instant Pot)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook the bacon until crispy, crumble, and set aside.
- If your are using an Instant Pot, put 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot bowl, followed by the trivet that came with your pot.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, cottage cheese, cream, and salt and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spray the silicon molds/mason jars with a little bit of oil.
- For the egg bite machine:
- Fill the silicon molds about 75% with the egg mixture. You don’t want to fill the molds all the way because the egg mixture will expand while it cooks.
- Add water to machine according to the instructions
- Let the egg mixture cook for 10-12 minutes and carefully release from the silicon molds.
- For the Instant Pot:
- Divide the egg mixture evenly into the mason jars. Cover each mason jar loosely with foil and gently place the jars in the Instant Pot.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot and select “Steam” and set to 8 Minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release the rest of the steam.
- Carefully remove the egg bites from the Instant Pot and let them cool for a few minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, I receive a small commission.