Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are so easy to make! These Instant Pot mashed potatoes are ready in just 20 minutes!
I’ve never heard anyone complain about eating homemade mashed potatoes but it’s definitely hard to incorporate with dinner in the middle of a busy week. Now, I can whip up a rich and creamy side of mashed potatoes in 20 minutes with my Instant Pot.
You will need 3 pounds of peeled potatoes. Wash them well and slice the potatoes into large rounds.
Place the potato rounds into the Instant Pot and cover them completely in water.
After the potatoes are covered in water, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, ensure the valve is sealed, and cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes. The amount of time it takes for your Instant Pot to reach pressure will vary.
Once the timer goes off, turn off the Instant Pot, and quick release the pressure. Then, drain the potatoes and then return them to the Instant Pot.
Add in the remaining ingredients to the pot and mash with a potato masher or handheld mixer. Season with salt to your taste.
There you have it! Creamy, rich mashed potatoes in 20 minutes!
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 4-5 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes into large rounds and place into the Instant Pot.
- Cover the potatoes in 4-5 cups of water (just enough to completely cover the potatoes).
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and make sure the vent is sealed.
- Set the Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the Instant Pot, and quick release the pressure.
- Take the lid off the Instant Pot and drain the potatoes.
- Return the potatoes to the Instant Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and mash with a potato masher or handheld mixer.
- Season the mashed potatoes to your taste.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, I receive a small commission.